The term FUPA (Fat Upper Pubic Area) is fatty tissue above the pubic bone. FUPA became a meme when Beyoncé talked about her pregnancy in Vogue’s September issue that left her with a little FUPA. The fat in the upper pubic area can be incredibly difficult and even impossible to target and remove with just exercise and diet. For some, even going into a beast zone mode of intense exercise will never resolve their fat cells in the upper pubic region. It is a genetic predisposition to having extra fat deposits in the lower belly for most people. Using Waterlipo™, a safe, proven, and gentle treatment, you can remove that bulge in your lower midsection in a cosmetic liposuction procedure performed under two hours.
FUPA LIPOSUCTION PROCEDURE
- Using a local anesthesia technique called AwakeLipo, which combines a mild sedative and a local anesthetic, patients can expect a completely relaxed experience.
- FUPA liposuction is a minimally invasive procedure that requires only two incisions, one in each groin crease on either side of the treatment area.
- Waterlipo™ uses cannulas that are only 3mm wide, meaning that the incisions are so small that they don’t even require stitches to remove excess fat
- With the combined use of Waterlipo™ and AwakeLipo, patients can communicate easily with the surgical staff during the whole surgery.
- Patients typically walk out of the clinic the same day.
Who Is A Good Candidate for Milwaukee Liposuction?
- Both women and men can be candidates for FUPA
- Young, slim women with a genetic disposition to retain fat cells in the upper pubic region but want that gorgeous flat bikini line look
- Previously overweight individuals who have had abdomen or tummy tuck surgeries
- Patients who have experienced rapid weight loss
- Little mommy pouch: Pregnancy can cause overall weight gain, but it can also result in an overabundance of fat, particularly in the FUPA region.
- Women who needed a c section and have a loose layer of fat cells
- Liposuction for the upper pubic area can be a fantastic addition to a complete Mommy Makeover.
Waterlipo™ is a gentle procedure that requires minimal recovery/downtime. Most patients can resume everyday practices within approximately two weeks after surgery:
- Patients need to make sure that they get plenty of bed rest
- Refrain from intense physical activity following the surgical procedure
- Two to three days after the cosmetic surgery, you can perform light physical activity and exercise
One week into recovery, gentle exercise and sexual activity can resume Waterlipo™ is a delicate procedure that takes very little time to recover from after surgery
Guidelines after surgery
- Eat a healthy and balanced diet: After any surgery, patients should refrain from consuming fast food and other processed foods. Prepare meals consisting of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, nuts, and seeds.
- Drink at least eight glasses of water a day.
- Wear the compression garments during the healing process. Compression garments assist the body’s tissues in healing and reforming as the FUPA area’s skin adapts to a new shape. Wearing the compression garments will ensure that you get the best results from your liposuction treatment.
- Massaging the upper pubic area can help accelerate healing for optimal results.
- Take any prescribed medications by your surgeon.
Common Recovery Symptoms
Below are some of the most common recovery symptoms that FUPA liposuction patients experience:
- Swelling – The FUPA is a delicate area of the body; some swelling can be expected. Swelling in this region may last for up to 30 days
- Bruising – Bruising is also typical after liposuction, and patients can expect to see some bruising, which will gradually disappear throughout the recovery period.
- Discomfort in the upper pubic area -The FUPA may be sore for the first few days to a week after surgery. This discomfort resembles a moderate sunburn. Your surgeon will prescribe pain medication
- Changes in menstruation – Some women may experience menstruation changes after having upper pubic area liposuction. The recovery process differs from patient-to-patient
Visit our Patient Gallery to see incredible results
Liposuction Cost and Financing
Liposuction at the Milwaukee Liposuction by Lift Body Center starts at $4,000, depending on the procedures. Our clinic has partnered with multiple lenders to offer customized monthly payment plans that feature a fixed interest rate and no hidden fees.
The cost of FUPA liposuction varies according to a variety of factors, including (but not limited to):
- The amount of fat present in the upper pelvic area
- How many pre-op tests our staff performs before surgery
- The amount/type of medications prescribed or used during and after the procedure
- The amount of time it takes for the surgical team to perform the procedure
Combining multiple liposuction procedures during the same surgical will offer substantial savings. You may consider abdominal/tummy liposuction, thigh liposuction, or getting rid of infamous love handles.